Frequently Asked Questions
General Cleansing Info
- Why cleanse?
- What is the best approach?
- How do I prepare for a cleanse?
- How many days should I cleanse?
- What should I expect during a juice fast?
- Is there anything I can eat during the fast in case I get too hungry?
- Will I lose weight during the cleanse?
- Should I exercise during a cleanse?
Questions about Juju Cleanse
- What is Juju Cleanse?
- Can you step me through the Juju Cleanse process?
- What is in Juju Cleanse juices?
- It looks gross. Does it taste gross too?
- Do I have to strictly follow the suggested schedule?
- Do I finish all six bottles in ONE day?
- Am I supposed to mix any of the drinks together?
- What if I can't finish my drinks, does this reduce the effectivity of my cleanse?
- Is there a point to doing a 1-Day cleanse?
- Can I postpone my cleanse for the next day after the juices have already been delivered?
General Cleansing Info
Start with an open mind and a cleanse level and cleanse duration that you’re comfortable with. It’s certainly not necessary to push yourself into something that you already feel is beyond your comfort zone.
We highly recommended a three-day cleanse as studies show this to be the length of time that the body requires to detoxify and reduce cravings for caffeine, sugar, alcohol and processed foods. However, if you have never done a cleanse before, and your dietary history is generally an unhealthy one, then we recommend that you start off with a one-day cleanse and slowly work your way up to the three-days cleanse. By all means, though, if you feel you want to jump right into an intense level for a real health kick - go for it!
Once you have made up your mind then head on over to this page.
This is a difficult question to answer because every body responds differently to the detoxification process. Depending on the level of toxicity in the body and your mental state you could experience dizziness, nausea, irritability and headaches. (Heavy smokers and coffee drinkers are heaviest hit by this, as their bodies begin to withdraw from the nicotine and caffeine.) Don't take these symptoms being negative though, they are actually indications that your body is in the process of purging itself of toxins. Even repeat fasters have different experiences from cleanse to cleanse.
Juice fasting by definition means that you shouldn't be ingesting anything (except the juices + water +tea) all day, but we know that sometimes hunger pangs can get the better of you, particularly if you have never done a fast before and are used to eating large meals. If you absolutely must eat something then we recommend snacking on a few stalks of celery or cucumber slices. Drinking additional fluid during the day, or even a non-MSG laced vegetable broth also helps to take the edge off.
It is possible to lose weight during a cleanse but don't expect too much out of a 1-day cleanse, as this may be just lost water weight. You are more likely to lose weight on a 3-day cleanse, especially if you combine this with a colon cleansing program. The amount of weight lost will vary from person to person.
Moderate exercises (such as yoga, Pilates, walking, or bike riding) are acceptable but rest is better when you are on a cleanse.
Questions about Juju Cleanse
- Select the Juju Cleanse program which best suits your needs, and pick the date that you want to start.
- Send us an email, use the order form,or give us a call to order your cleanse.
- We deliver your cleanses the evening before your cleanse date. These will be provided in an insulated cooler but we still require that you keep the juices refrigerated whenever possible. Don’t forget to re-freeze the included cooling pack so that it’s ready to use the next day!
- It's now a simple matter of following some basic instructions, which include a timeline for recommended cleanse times.
- Should your cleanses follow you around during your busy day, please do your best to find refrigeration opportunities whenever possible. Do remember that Juju does not use any preservatives to artificially prolong the life of your juice as these are meant to be consumed asap!
- Completely fill in the order form.
- Press "Send in your order!".
- Confirm the order in your email program and send the email.
- Wait for our confirmation email with the total cost of the Juju Cleanse and your order tracking number.
- Pay the amount due into our bank account.
- Fax or email us your proof of payment with your name on the deposit slip.
- Wait for our confirmation that we have received your payment and have scheduled your Juju Cleanse.
- Make sure that there is somebody home to receive your Juju Cleanse the night before it is scheduled to start.
- Make sure that the bottles are refrigerated right away.
- Get Cleansed!
- When you press "Send in your order!" a window will pop up in your email program. This is normal. We are still working with email-submitted orders for the time being so please just send the email message that is displayed and we will get back to you to confirm receipt of your order.
- If you have any concerns, questions, or if you want to customize your order further please let us know in the Comments text area or give us a call.
- Once we confirm your order, we will advise the total package price and give you an order tracking number. Please then pay the amount due using the bank details below and fax or email us your proof of payment. Please write your order tracking number on the fax or email so that we have a reference.
We're not going to lie and say that the cleansing drinks taste like soda, but on the other hand they aren't that gross either. People have different tastes and some people like the flavor of, for example, the Green Bomb while others have to grin and bear it. We have included several really tasty drinks in the kits, namely the Alkazest grapefruit cocktail and the Spicy Limonada, so that you have something to look forward to during the day. Try it and see, you might surprise yourself.
Not at all. The schedule is only suggested. Some people wake up later, others wake up earlier. Whichever way works for you best is fine, we only recommend that you take each drink every 2.5 hours. The actual schedule that you do this to is entirely up to you.
Yes, regardless of whether you are on a 1-Day or a 3-Day cleanse the kit of six juices that we deliver is to be finished in one day. We include a suggested schedule in the cooler bag upon delivery, together with other cleansing guidelines.
No. Each drink is already a measured mix of various fruit and vegetable juices and is meant to be consumed one at a time. The drinks are ready to consume as is.
Since you are not eating anything throughout the day we recommend that you drink as much of the cleanse juices as possible, as they are meant to be your nourishment for the day. However, if the volume is simply too much for you, it's absolutely nothing for you to worry about.
Sure there is! A one-day cleanse is a mini-break that you are offering your body so that it can finally get around to finishing its digestive duties of yesterday. This can also give you just enough time to refocus on better eating habits, or undo the damage done from an overindulgent night out.
The juices are produced just for you, and are freshest on the day that you have scheduled to consume them. Should you postpone your own cleanse, we can no longer guarantee the freshness or their high nutritional content of the juices. Having said this, the juices can hold for at most 3 days.